All you need to know about how to get Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender.
Table of Contents
- The Legendary Axe: Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender Overview
- How to Get Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender
- FAQ about How to Get Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender
- The new Legendary, Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender, is a two-handed axe with an item level of 496.
- How to get Fyr’alath:
- Defeat Fyrakk to gain Fyr’alath, equip it to start the questchain The Shadowflame Axe.
- Locate Lead Archivist Eadweard Dalyngrigge in Thaldraszsus for information on Shadowflame.
- Modify the weapon’s haft with three components: Attuned Glowspore Grip, Attuned Sophic Vellum, Attuned Rune of Shadowbinding.
- After obtaining all three items, wield the axe. Defeat the Echo of Fyrakk, and you will receive Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender.
The Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope Race to World First, has crowned Echo its champion and Liquid, its runner-up. With the fall of Fyrakk, the mystery veil surrounding the Dreamrender Axe and its questline has been lifted. Before we dive into the details of how to get Fyr’alath, let’s take a look at the latest Legendary!
The Legendary Axe: Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender Overview
What is Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender
Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender, is the latest legendary coming to WoW with an item level of 496. Debuting as Fyrakk’s Strength two-handed axe, Fyr’alath is infused with the primordial dragon energy, the ominous influence of the Void, and the power of the Shadowflame. This Legendary axe is an exclusive drop obtainable only from the final boss of Amirdrassil, Fyrakk.
Fyr’alath Weapon Effects
Fyr’alath has two special effects:
- Rage of Fyr’alath (on use): Unleash the Rage of Fyr’alath to charge towards your target and swing repeatedly, dealing 36193 Shadowflame damage over 3 sec to all who would stand in your way.
- Fyr’alath the Dreamrender (passive): Your attacks apply Mark of Fyr’alath, dealing 1404 Shadowflame damage over 15 sec. Upon activation, Fyr’alath draws in the flames from all marks to increase its damage by 10%.
Which Classes Can Use Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender
The Legendary Fyr’alath is a two-handed axe. Being a Strength-based weapon, there are only three classes that can use it:
- Death Knights
Fyr’alath Bad Luck Protection
Fyr’alath bad luck protection includes:
To earn Greater Ember of Fyr’alath, you must defeat Fyrakk on any difficulty. Meanwhile, the Lesser Ember of Fyr’alath requires players to triumph over the other Amirdrassil encounters on Heroic or Mythic.
What Is Bad Luck Protection in WoW
WoW bad luck protection assists players in obtaining desired items by boosting their chances with each unsuccessful attempt. For instance, if you’re aiming for Fyr’alath but haven’t acquired it yet, your likelihood of getting it increases over time by collecting Greater and Lesser Embers of Fyr’alath. This system ensures that you will eventually get your sought-after items after repeated efforts.
How to Get Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender
You can get Fyr’alath the Dreamrender by defeating Fyrakk the Blazing, the final boss of the Amirdrassil raid, on any difficulty, including raid finder. However, the chance to obtain Fyrakk’s two-handed axe decreases with lower difficulty levels. Running every difficulty of Amirdrassil weekly isn’t necessary. Blizzard clarified that completing higher difficulties encompasses chances from all uncompleted lower difficulties, with a cumulative increase for future weeks.
That said, below are the necessary steps you need to take to secure yourself Dragonflight Legendary Fyr’alath.
Start Fyr’alath Questchain: The Shadowflame Axe
To start the questchain for Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender, you must defeat Fyrakk on any raid difficulty as stated above. With Fyrakk down, the boss will drop Fyr’alath. Equip the axe, and you will become enveloped in Shadowflame. Thus, commencing the Legendary questchain: The Shadowflame Axe.
Find the Shadowflame Expert
The Shadowflame Axe requires you to find an expert about Shadowflame in the Azerothian Archives. So, you will want to seek out the Lead Archivist, Eadweard Dalyngrigge. You can find this NPC in Thaldraszsus, north of Alge’thar Academy.
How to Complete the Quest Handling It
The next step is to heed Eadweard’s words in the Crafting quest Handling It. You will need to modify the weapon’s haft with three components so that you can wield the axe:
- Attuned Glowspore Grip: A fireproof hide that can handle intense heat.
- Attuned Sophic Vellum: An enchanted vellum that can contain the weapon’s volatile magic.
- Attuned Rune of Shadowbinding: Runes to help the first two materials to properly bind to the weapon.
Specific actions are necessary to obtain each of these components, and we have outlined them below.
To get Attuned Glowspore Grip, first, you need to complete the Handling It: Symbiotic Glowspore Grip:
- Approach the centaur Erden east of Mountainview Post in the Ohn’ahran Plains, starting the quest Handling It: Shadowed Dreamleaf.
- Collect 200 Shadowed Dreamleaf by completing objectives in Superbloom events in the Emerald Dream.
- In Superbloom, Fyr’alath’s holder gets a Tattered Dreamleaf. Use it on a party member to trigger the quest Tattered Dreamleaf.
- After the party member complete the quest, they will receive a Restored Dreamleaf. They should use the Restored Dreamleaf on the Fyr’alath’s holder to boost the rate of receiving Shadowed Dreamleaves.
- Completing the quest rewards you with the Prototype Dreamleaf Grip. This is one of the main ingredients used to craft Erden’s Dreamleaf Grip.
- Next, you will start the quest Handling It: Dreamleaf Grip. You will obtain a scroll that grants temporary access to the Erden’s Dreamleaf Grip recipe for a character skilled in Dragon Isles Leatherworking 100. Issue a Crafting Order for the grip with the following materials:
- The next quest is To The Test: Symbiotic Glowspore Grip. Use the grip, and you will receive a buff. Now, equip the axe and endure its effects. You will get an Adaptive Cooling Salve to withstand the heat of the Shadowflame. For an extra layer of safety, consider bringing a healer to provide additional support during this part of the quest.
- Once it’s all over, you will obtain the Attuned Glowspore Grip.
To get Attuned Sophic Vellum, first, you need to complete the Handling It: Concentrated Sophic Vellum quest:
- Accept the quest Handling It: Radiant Fleck of Ash from Shalasar Glimmerdusk. This NPC is a nightborne near the Nelthazan Ruisn in the Ohn’ahran Plains.
- Collect 20 Radiant Flecks of Ash from powerful gear in the Emerald Dream. Each gear piece gives one Radiant Fleck of Ash. You can either collect said item with the gear you can find. Or, you can opt for a quicker and easier approach by buying 20 Fallen Protector Handguards from Moon Priestess Lasara to complete this step. Keep in mind that you will need to be at Renown 7 with the Dream Wardens. And since the Handguards are priced at 300 Dragon Isles Supplies each, you will need to have 6000 Dragon Isles Supplies to buy 20 of them.
- Upon completing the quest, receive the Prototype Order Vellum. It’s one of the crucial items for crafting Shalasar’s Sophic Vellum .
- Next, you will start the quest Handling It: Sophic Vellum. You will obtain a scroll that grants temporary access to the Shalasar’s Sophic Vellum recipe for a character skilled in Dragon Isles Enchanting 100. Issue a Crafting Order for the vellum with the following materials:
- The next quest is To the Test: Concentrated Sophic Vellum. Use the vellum, and you can now channel its Order magic every five minutes. With it, you will be able to stabilize Fyr’alath’s Shadowflame. Each channel gives you 10 random Awakened elements to finish the cast. Each Order stabilization adds 5% to the quest. So, you will need to repeat the process of channeling 20 times to finish this quest.
- Once it’s all over, you will obtain the Attuned Sophic Vellum.
To get the Attuned Rune of Shadowbinding, first, you need to complete the Handling It: Rune of Shadowbinding quest:
- Speak to Lydiara Whisperfeather to start the Handling It: Taut Tethercoil. You can find her near the Azure Archives in the Azure Span.
- Collect 50 Taut Tethercoil. These coils drop from powerful enemies in the Emerald Dream, specifically Rare and Rare-Elite mobs.
- Upon successfully completing the quest, you will receive the Prototype Binding Rune. It’s one of the key components for crafting Lydiara’s Binding Rune.
- Next, you will start the quest Handling It: Shadowbinding Rune. You will obtain a scroll that grants temporary access to the Lydiara’s Binding Rune recipe for a character skilled in Dragon Isles Inscription 100. Issue a Crafting Order for the rune with the following materials:
- Gear up for the next challenge in To the Test: Rune of Shadowbinding. Your task is to defeat Gnarlroot, Igira, and Volcoross in the Amirdrassil raid on any difficulty while under the influence of the Shadowbinding rune. Here’s an Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope Bosses Quick Guide, for your convenience. However, keep in mind that the rune will somewhat link you to these bosses, impeding your movement when you are too far away from them. And it can also potentially hinder your mobility every 5 seconds.
- Once it’s all over, you will obtain the Attuned Rune of Shadowbinding.
Upon acquiring all three items: Attuned Glowspore Grip, Attuned Sophic Vellum, and Attuned Rune of Shadowbinding, you are directed to the Obsidian Throne, where Eadweard, Wrathion, and Scalecommander Emberthal await. Attempting to wield the axe, you find out that a persistent presence is hindering your efforts, refusing to let go. Subsequently, you embark on a challenging scenario in Aberrus, confronting the Echo of Fyrakk. This battle involves navigating waves, eliminating shadow adds, and eventually facing the Echo of Fyrakk itself. Defeat it, and now you are the owner of the Legendary two-handed axe Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender.
And that concludes the guide on how to get Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender. Special thanks to Meeres for all of his efforts and discoveries. For more information on what you can expect to find in Amirdrassil, be sure to check out Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope Loot Table and Rewards:
FAQ about How to Get Fyr’alath, the Dreamrender
Can Fyr’alath drop in LFR?
Yes, Fyr’alath can drop in LFR. However, at a very low rate of just 1%.
Which classes can use Fyr’alath?
Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights.
Is Fyr’alath personal loot?
Yes. You can get Fyr’alath from both personal loot and Mythic group loot.
What is Fyr’alath drop rate?
The drop rate for Fyr’alath is 3-5%.