Table of Contents
In Destiny 2, there are many different exotic weapons, each of which can be obtained in various ways. However, in this MMO shooter, there is only one weapon that you can acquire from a specific vendor with different perks once a week — Hawkmoon.
Today, we’ll go into detail about the D2 Hawkmoon, which stands out from other weapons not only by its method of acquisition. We won’t touch on the Lore part of the weapon, so don’t expect a story about a crow who makes a gun shape with his hand with a nearly empty bottle of wine.
Sit back comfortably, and let’s begin!
Hawkmoon Destiny 2 — Weapon Overview
Hawkmoon is a 140 RPM hand cannon that performs exceptionally well in PvP with the right perks, especially in the hands of a player with excellent aim. First, we recommend familiarizing yourself with its Exotic perk, which forms the whole essence of the weapon and focuses on precision hits:
- Paracausal Shot grants stacks of the Paracausal Charge buff that you get from defeating opponents and dealing headshots with Hawkmoon. While the buff is active, your last round in the magazine deals additional damage depending on the number of stacks. The bonus disappears if you stow the hand cannon on the last round.
And, of course, don’t forget to obtain the Catalyst, as it genuinely offers must-have bonuses. Thanks to it, your magazine will gain one additional round, and stacks of the Paracausal Charge will enhance your range, handling, and reload speed. You must obtain the Catalyst to fully feel the power of Destiny 2 Hawkmoon.
What is the God Roll Hawkmoon?
As you know, this weapon doesn’t come with a guaranteed second perk. Thus, you’ll have to search for the appropriate god roll yourself. We recommend the following best Hawkmoon roll:
- In the first column, choose Hammer-Forged Rifling, which grants a +10 range.
- In the third column, among perks, you might like Opening Shot (boosts aim assist and weapon range based on the first shot), Rangefinder (enhances Zoom), and Eye of the Storm (improves handling and accuracy when your health goes down).
- In the fourth column, get a Smooth Grip to improve handling and stability or a Polymer Grip to just improve the handling by 5 points more but without stability. We do not recommend equipping Combat Grip.
In our opinion, these perks will form one of the best Hawkmoon God Rolls for both PvE and PvP.
How to Get Hawkmoon Destiny 2
If you want to get your hands on the Hawkmoon hand cannon, you’ll have to wait until Friday when Xur, a well-known merchant, arrives during the daily reset. Sadly, there is no more Loose thy Talons quest and no more need to seek the final feather.
Xur always offers the gun with a new roll on the second page. You can easily track him with our “Where is Xur“ tool that updates within minutes of his arrival. However, we recommend preparing for the upcoming meeting, as you’ll need to pay a rather expensive amount of resources, namely 125k Glimmer, 1 Exotic Cipher, 1 Ascendant Shard, and 200 Legendary Shards.
Regardless, how can you quickly and efficiently gather all these materials to get the desired Destiny 2 Hawkmoon god roll?
- You can immediately take an Exotic Cipher from Xur on Friday and complete his Xenology quest, which simply requires you to play through the Vanguard, PvP, or Gambit playlists.
- You are able to earn Ascendant Shard by completing a GM Nightfall with a group of good friends or farm a Master Nightfall if you are intimidated by the difficulty.
- Legendary Shards are easily farmable, and you can get them by dismantling loot, which you clearly might have a lot of.
- Finally, you can quickly get Glimmer from open-world events or trading Legendary Shards with Master Rahool.
It may take you quite some time, but eventually, the Hawkmoon Exotic Hand Cannon will be yours!
Do I need DLC to Get Hawkmoon?
Yes, you are still required to own the Beyond Light DLC to receive it. Even though Bungie removed “As the Crow Flies” from Destiny 2, this hand cannon still requires an add-on. Right now, Beyond Light is in the Legacy Bundle, which you can often purchase at a good discount.
How to Get Hawkmoon Catalyst in 2023
Sadly, Bungie deleted Exotic quest for you to obtain the Catalyst on this gun. So, that’s why, as with many other Exotics, you have to play ritual activities, like Gambit, Crucible, and Vanguard, to earn it. The Hawkmoon Catalyst drop chance is entirely luck-based, so get ready to farm. The situation may change in the future, but unfortunately, not now.
Is Hawkmoon from Xur Good?
It all depends on what you want from this weapon. If you want to obtain a PvE hand cannon, then we recommend finding out how to get Sunshot in Destiny 2 and acquire it for yourself. If you need something for PvP, then there are better options, but with the recommended perks and the Catalyst, Destiny Hawkmoon will sparkle with the right colors. Yes, you may not like it if you don’t play with this type of weapon that often, but it’s worth a try.
That’s pretty much everything we can tell you about this hand cannon. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us in the comments, as we love helping Guardians on their journey. Also, we released many other weapon guides, so we recommend checking out how to get Forerunner, the sidearm that mimics the pistol from the Halo franchise with its unique twist. And as always, remember, after reading our Hawkmoon Destiny guide, you can seek help from D2 Professionals who will fulfill any of your wishes.
Thanks for Reading! Owl is Flying Away.