We’ve been wanting to get the Roadmap to The Final Shape for so long and we finally know what we can do until June 2024!
- The new Dungeon is called Warlords Ruin and is likely directly related to Shaxx.
- The Season of the Wish story will not be outstretched.
- More PvP content is coming, like three new maps.
- Between April and May, a major free content update will be called Into the Light.
- There will be incredibly important gameplay in The Final Shape in April.
Today, Bungie officially delayed The Final Shape, which was a significant blow for many fans. The studio understands this, and to avoid angering players, Joe Blackburn, Destiny 2 Game Director, shared what players can expect in Destiny 2 until The Final Shape. We’ll list all the crucial points from his statement:
- The Season of the Wish Dungeon is called Warlords Ruin, and we’ll find out what awaits us there only on December 1 at 12 PM (EST) or 6 PM (CET).
- However, the community has already developed a theory about what upcoming Dungeon could be. Lord Shaxx was featured in new dialogues during the Festival of the Lost, and voice actors would not be brought in just for a small line. Since Shaxx is a Warlord with an Ahamkara skull near him, we can assume that he may be connected to Warlords Ruin.
- The Season of the Wish story will end in February without stretching like it was with Season of the Lost.
- The upcoming LFG Finder system will significantly change how Guardians play Destiny 2.
- Joe Blackburn paid a lot of attention to upcoming changes in PvP:
- Various modifiers from Checkmate are going to appear in core Crucible playlists. These changes are made to make Crucible more balanced and strategic, where players will rely less on abilities and more on their weapons.
- The long-awaited Crucible Map Pack will be released in May and includes three maps in the following locations: Europe, Neomuna, and Terraformed Pyramid. All of them are going to be about the size of Javeline-4, meaning they are quite large.
- Next, the answers to what exactly players can expect from February to June:
- February: Moments of Triumph starts with a series of progression rewards-centric weekly quests known as Wishes.
- March: the annual Guardian Games takes place, heavily focusing on battles between classes.
- Between April and May: a new period called Into the Light begins. This would be free content for all players to prepare everyone for The Final Shape.
- In April, developers promise to show the latest gameplay of The Final Shape, which will offer players everything they need to expect.
That’s all Joe Blackburn could tell us, and we are intrigued by what awaits us. What do you think? Do you believe Bungie can maintain players’ attention until the release of The Final Shape, and will the new content be worth your time? Tell us about your thoughts in the comments!
Thanks for Reading! Owl is Flying Away.