Chains of Domination Season 2 as part of a major reinvigoration of the whole WoW expansion – the Shadowlands 9.1 update that will soon patch up many system flaws and nuances, balance out the overall gameplay, and throw in some exciting new content. This latest update is right now live on the Public Test Realms (PTR) for test runs.
And, yes, we already know the exact Shadowlands 9.1 release date – June 29 should kick off the fresh take on your Shadowlands journey with several changes and updates along with the initiation of the Chains of Domination update. Right after the full-on update release, starting July 6 through August 24, Chains of Domination Season 2 raid activities will be subsequently introduced at different difficulties and one Raid Finder Wing at a time.
At WowVendor, we share the significant changes that should take place in the WoW upcoming patch and encourage your active discussions in anticipation of the revamped share of Shadowlands fun.
About the story
With the much-expected patch fast approaching the date of release, you may want to freshen up your Chains of Domination trivia. Thus, having ventured to the Dark Lands and found Korthia, the Jailer moves the forgotten city of secrets out of the Rift and into the Maw. The newly-created area is your battlefield against the immense forces of the Jailer, where you can also discover the mystery of the ancient realm the Jailer is looking to uncover.
Dates and releases
If you have been tuning in to the major announcements and updates by Blizzard, you should already know the date of the Shadowlands 9.1 release from the company’s official Twitter account.
The announcement was received by the WoW community with an immense share of veritable excitement. All in all, there will be new bosses, new covenant campaigns, tons of new content, including items, mounts, pets, etc., and, most excitingly, the second season of the Chains of Domination raid. The raid will be introduced in subsequent parts, July through August, namely:
- Normal and Heroic raid difficulties will be introduced July 6;
- Mythic raid difficulty along with the first Raid Finder Wing where you can beat The Eye of the Jailer, The Tarragrue, and The Nine – July 13;
- The second Raid Finder Wing where you can defeat Remnant of Ner’zhul, Painsmith Raznal, and Soulrender Dormazain hits July 27;
- Raid Finder third Wing where you can beat Fatescribe Roh-Kalo, Kel’Thuzad, and Guardian of the First Ones hits August 10;
- And the last fourth Raid Finder Wing comes on August 24, allowing you to defeat the notorious Sylvanas Windrunner.
What’s new in the 9.1 patch?
The WoW Shadowlands 9.1 patch notes published along with the patch’s introduction to the PTR points out some major changes in Shadowlands 9.1, including balanced out classes, updated covenants, and new dungeons, raids, items, PvP elements, runecarving powers, secondary zones, and more. The particular updates and additions that we should point out include the following:
- Korthia, the City of Secrets – a new playable zone where you can complete the Dreadlord and Archivist questlines and beat Visitor Dailies.
- The Sanctum of Domination – a 10-boss Torghast raid where you will have to defeat the menacing Tarragrue, the deceiving Eye of the Jailer, and the spiteful Banshee Queen.
- Tazavesh, the Veiled Market – an 8-boss megadungeon where you get to collect previously unseen items, defeat the mysterious creature, and play a major role in an exciting Azeroth artifacts heist.
- Mor’geth, the Tormentor of the Damned – a new world boss in the Korthia, the City of Secrets that is undoubtedly someone to reckon with.
- New content pieces, updated rewards, and balanced out systems of Torghast.
- The Mythic+ “Domination” season – beating Mythic+ dungeons, you up to your individual rating system and get score points for your performance which indicate your level of skill and help you team up with similarly skilled players.
- Updated and balanced out covenant campaigns with:
- 40 additional levels of Renown;
- New Covenant Campaign Sections;
- New talents;
- New legendary items to craft;
- New cosmetic armor sets;
- The Flying ability allows you to fly across the Dark Lands on new Covenant-style mounts.
- An updated PvP season where you can now get Adaptable Gear as well as grab brand new rewards;
- Loads of new items, transmog sets, gear sets, pets, mounts, toys, secrets, and achievements exclusive to the Shadowlands 9.1 Chains of Domination Update.
Changes and updates in Torghast
There are also some major Torghast tweaks and fixes introduced by the newest patch for World of Warcraft that should smooth out your raiding experience, namely:
- Tarragrue is moved to another location.
- Destroying enemies, freeing souls, and completing other goals now boosts your personal rating score, by which you and other players can indicate your effectiveness.
- The Tower Knowledge is introduced, which can be spent on new skills from the Box of Many Things.
- Deaths in Torghast now simply lower the personal score instead of interrupting the whole raid run.
- There are now Adamant Vaults, which can only be entered by players with a personal high score at the upper tiers of Torghast and a sufficient amount of Tower Knowledge.
Changes and updates in PvP
Then, the second PvP season is being launched as well, which is to bring a number of major updates, like:
- The base item level of PvP rewards is reduced by 6 levels;
- You can now gain 13 additional item levels playing the PvP modes (Arean, Battlegrounds, or Duels) with the Adaptable gear mechanics;
- You can get new mount rewards – the Vicious War Gorm and the Unchained Gladiator’s Soul Eater;
- A number of Honor talents have been replaced and updated in all classes;
- Legendary crafted items shine with new updated glows and colors, matching the exclusive armor sets in the WoW Shadowlands 9.1 update Season 2.
More to come
We surely should expect more new and updated stuff where the above came from. The WoW Shadowlands 9.1 Chains of Domination update will be extended further once it’s fully released and introduced to the keen players. WowVendor will help you stay in tune with all the major updates and watch how WoW Shadowlands 9.1 unravels as it is growing more extensive, more diverse, and exciting.
Keep in tune with all that’s Blizzard doing in patch 9.1: Chains of Domination that hits servers on June 28 by visiting the WowVendor website and checking out the latest news and updates.