In its most recent post, Bungie provided its fans with a preview of Artifact perks. The studio also presented a new feature called “Elemental Orbs.” They stated that the upcoming Season is poised to redefine the impact of Seasonal Artifacts. Players are in for dynamic playstyles and an array of tactical choices that promise to spice up the whole experience.
Drawing inspiration from the success of Strand Tangles. Guardians can now forge themselves and their allies some Elemental Orbs to throw. By using Arc, Solar, or Void weapons to takedown adversaries, gamers will be able to generate some Orbs to unleash a cascade of explosive elemental devastation. Each distinct element dictates its impact. It may jolt enemies, engulf them in fire, or apply volatile. And the best part? Some Artifact perks will grant you rewards when you or your allies use the Strand Tangles and Elemental Orbs you create.
The arrival of Elemental Orbs heralds an era of boundless creative potential in buildcrafting. So, in the coming time, the Guardians will have plenty of opportunities to experiment with new builds to maximize their power.
As for the perks preview:
Anti-Barrier Auto Rifle:
- Your equipped Auto Rifles fire shield-piercing rounds and stun Barrier Champions. Additionally, Auto Rifles are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
Arc/Strand Siphon Combo:
- Combines the Arc and Strand Siphon mods into one.
- Strand weapon final blows have a chance to generate a Tangle.
Overload Machine Guns:
- Uninterrupted fire from your equipped Machine Gun stuns unshielded combatants, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output.
- Strong against Overload Champions. Additionally, Machine Guns are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
- Dealing elemental ability damage increases matching weapon damage, and elemental weapon damage increases matching ability damage. Bonus granted is 10% for 5 seconds.
- Bows gain shield-piercing arrows, which bypass combatant defenses.
- Strong against Barrier Champions. Additionally, Bows are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
Solar/Strand Siphon Combo:
- Combines the Solar and Strand Siphon mods into one.
Origin Perk Specialization II:
- Weapons with the Head Rush, Nanotech Tracer Rockets, Unsated Hunger, and [REDACTED] Origin traits are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
- While stunned, Champions take bonus damage from your abilities and Elemental Orb damage
- Rapid precision hits made from long range weaken the target.
Unstoppable Scout Rifle:
- Aiming down the sights of a Scout Rifle for a short time loads a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants.
- Strong against Unstoppable Champions.
- Additionally, Scout Rifles are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
Void/Strand Siphon Combo:
- Combines the Void and Strand Siphon mods into one.
Elemental Orbs: Void:
- While using a Void subclass, Void weapon final blows have a chance to spawn a Void Elemental Orb. Void Orbs can be thrown to create a Void explosion that makes enemies it damages volatile.
- When an ally destroys or picks up your Tangle or Elemental Orb, the Tangle cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds, and you gain bonus damage with weapons matching your subclass for 10 seconds.
- Subclass elemental buffs grant you bonus recovery and damage resistance against combatant attacks of the matching element type.
Overload Hand Cannon:
- Landing consecutive hits with any Hand Cannon you are wielding disrupts combatants, stunning them, delaying ability energy regeneration and lowering combatant damage output.
- Strong against Overload Champions. Additionally, Hand Cannons are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
Origin Perk Specialization I:
- Greatly improves the benefits provided by the Head Rush, Nanotech Tracer Rockets, Unsated Hunger, and [REDACTED] Origin traits.
Elemental Orbs: Arc:
- While using an Arc subclass, Arc weapon final blows have a chance to spawn an Arc Elemental Orb. Arc Orbs can be thrown to create an Arc explosion that jolts targets it damages.
- Picking up a Tangle or Elemental Orb grants energy to your least-powered ability.
- Combatant final blows with Tangles or Elemental Orbs have a chance to drop Special or Heavy ammo.
- Aiming down sights for a brief period with any Fusion Rifle you are wielding loads a powerful explosive payload that stuns unshielded combatants.
- Strong against Unstoppable Champions. Additionally, Fusion Rifles are always overcharged when that modifier is active.
- All Scavenger mods are discounted.
Elemental Orbs: Solar:
- While using a Solar subclass, Solar weapon final blows have a chance to spawn a Solar Elemental Orb. Solar Orbs can be thrown to create a Solar explosion that scorches targets it damages.
- If you have fewer than 2 stacks of Armor Charge, rapid precision shots with Bows, Snipers, and Scout Rifles generate an Armor Charge.
- Your Armor Charges grant bonus damage to your thrown Tangles or Elemental Orbs. Your Armor Charge now decays over time.
One final note: The perks Overload Machine Guns and Overload Hand Cannon do not currently overcharge those weapons when that modifier is active – this is an unintended bug. Anti-Barrier Bow and Unstoppable Fusion Rifle will overcharge their weapons, but this is not currently reflected in their in-game descriptions. These issues will be corrected in a later patch. Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more information in the future.— Bungie
Additional details about the upcoming Season will be unveiled on August 22 during the Destiny 2 Showcase event. Although Bungie has yet to regain its players’ trust, Joe Blackburn has made progress in calming the situation. He also assured players that the Destiny 2 Showcase is worth watching. So, dedicated gamers definitely won’t want to miss out on the event.